Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Policy
The Biocon Group, an integrated Biopharmaceutical enterprise, is committed to continual improvement in the areas of Environment, Health and Safety (EHS).
We shall strive to achieve this by,
- Complying with all applicable laws and regulations in all countries in which the company operates.
- Building a network of responsible business partners, to diligently ensure environmental stewardship across our sustainable value chain from the sourcing of raw materials to the manufacture and distribution of our products.
- Conducting employee training programs that are focused on operational safety, occupational health and environmental protection by prevention of pollution at all levels of operations.
- Energy conservation, recovery, recycling, reuse and reduction of waste, minimizing hazards and risks, preventing injury and ill health, mitigation of climate change risks and threats to biodiversity in all process operations.
- Continually evaluating and improving Environment Health and Safety performance through documentation, periodic audits and providing the framework for setting and reviewing Environment Health and Safety objectives and targets.
- Adopting best practices in Environment Health and Safety management through effective communication and continual improvement in processes that pursue the latest developments in this area.
KIRAN MAZUMDAR SHAW
Chairman and Managing Director
- Implemented an integrated Environment, Health and Safety Management System
- ISO 14001:2004 Certification
- OHSAS 18001:2007 Certification