Year of birth: 1961
- Executive Chairman, former CEO and Co-Founder of Equillium Inc., a company developing products to treat severe autoimmune and inflammatory disorders
- Managing Member, BioBrit LLC
- Member, Board of Trustees, Keck Graduate Institute, U.S.
- Director, Intercept Pharmaceuticals and several private companies and philanthropic organizations
- Board Chairman, Castle Biosciences Inc & Biolinq
- Member, Advisory Council, Rady School of Management, San Diego, U.S.
- Life sciences executive with over 38 years of experience in creating and implementing strategies and transforming businesses
- Former CEO, Amylin Pharmaceuticals, a leading metabolic disease company, acquired by Bristol Myers Squibb in 2012
- Recipient of Director of the Year Award from Corporate Directors Forum (2012)
- EY’s Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist (2012)
- International Executive Program, INSEAD, France
- Diploma in Management Studies, Harrow and Ealing Colleges of Higher Education, UK
- Bachelor of Pharmacy, Nottingham University, UK